9 apps vie for grand prize at Appcircus San Juan final
Nine finalists will showcase their apps live at the “Appcircus San Juan” final on Jan. 21 at Sacred Heart University. The winner will have the opportunity to represent Puerto Rico at the Mobile World Congress to be held in Barcelona, Spain on Feb. 22, event organizers confirmed.
The finalists are:
- Touralo — an app for Android that allows you to visit properties as if the user were there, making virtual reality tours of 360 degrees.
- Musee App for Android and iOS — is designed to increase tourist traffic throughout the island by generating new jobs every time the user accesses a destination.
- Social Alert — an emergency alert system for smartphones. It has a simple interface that users can send to your family or friends your GPS location with a message. It is developed for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
- SentiGuard — developed for Android, iOS and HTML5, this application allows users to send a notification to the police when there is an incident, reports with images, videos or files and a brief description.
- LabInfo @ssist — an iOS app that provides users review and manage the results of laboratory test methods.
- PR gaps — developed for iOS is an app for users to report and compare information on the bumps on the island; also has an option to alert users where to find the potholes while driving.
- DO20 — developed in HTML5, is an app designed to allow the user to find things to do without wasting time in making decisions.
- Reservoirs of Puerto Rico — an Android app that reports water levels of the reservoirs on the island; you can compare data and also provides readings reservoir history, maps, etc.
- Burea — an app for Android and iOS saving on purchases without seeking or clip coupons; also it allows you to compare prices or go from store to store.
A panel of industry experts will judge the finalists and determine the winner. The keynote speaker for the event will be Sebastián Vidal, CEO of Parallel 18. This is the first time that Appcircus event is held in Puerto Rico, thanks to a collaborative effort with Sacred Heart University to boost innovation in Puerto Rico.