Ookla names Liberty P.R. fastest network internet provider in ’17

Liberty earned the nod from Ookla for its “superior connectivity, speeds and signal stability.”

Liberty Puerto Rico has received the 2017 Speedtest Award for Puerto Rico’s fastest network internet provider based on analysis by Ookla of some 1.3 million speed tests carried out by island consumers during the last six months of 2017.

Liberty won the title with a speed score of 29.98, which is above other internet Service Providers (ISPs) on the island. Liberty also achieved top download and upload speeds of 62.80 Mbps and 9.31 Mbps respectively, it stated.

“Even with the challenges we faced due to Hurricanes Irma and María, our company has always come ahead when it comes to internet speed and reliance,” said Naji Khoury, president of Liberty Puerto Rico.

“We’ve been investing in our infrastructure and actively upgrading it, so we can provide a wider range of speeds and more advanced products that will enhance our customers’ digital experience. This distinction proves that those efforts are paying off right now,” he said.

Speedtest Award winners are determined using a speed score that incorporates a measure of each provider’s download and upload speeds to rank network speed performance. Because most of the data transferred over the Internet involves downloading, 90 percent of the final Speed Score is attributed to download speed and the remaining 10 percent to upload speed.

Speedtest by Ookla users perform Speed Tests on fixed and mobile ISPs, then the results are analyzed and reported by Ookla. The awards are only issued to top providers in the country.

Author Details
This story was written by our staff based on a press release.

Can we count on you?

As recent events have shown us, independent and responsible journalism is more important than ever. That’s why your support is very necessary to ensure that we will be around for a while!

We want to stay true to our mission of delivering quality journalism…for that, we count on your support. Every contribution, big or small, is greatly appreciated!

Use the PayPal button below and contribute today!

[wpedon id=43191]

Comment here