With a varied representation of products and services from Puerto Rican companies this weekend, the Puerto Rico Products Association will confer its Awards for Excellence in Quality, reaffirming the importance of supporting and recognizing local entrepreneurs, the trade group said Tuesday.
“These awards are intended to support the manufacturing and services industries in the transformation that Puerto Rico needs. By recognizing excellence, we stress the capabilities of our entrepreneurs and we urge the public to support them,” said Association President Manuel Cidre on the awards ceremony to take place during the group’s annual convention April 26-28.
This year’s winners are:
- Cacique Food Corp – Innovation
- Del Valle Group – Construction
- Supermercados Mr. Special – Retail
- Centro Internacional de Diseño de la Universidad del Turabo – Supporting organization
- Oriental Financial Group – Banking
- Rovira Biscuits Corp – Manufacturing
- Casiano Communications – Communications
- Action Service Corp. – Service
- Destilería Serrallés – Exporter
- Fundación Ronald McDonald de Puerto Rico – Nonprofit
- Martex Farms – Agriculture
- Toro Verde Adventure Park – Tourism
- Banco Popular – Corporate Social Responsibility
The President’s Award went to WAPA-TV (Ch. 4) and the Antonio R. Barceló award for recognizing an entrepreneur’s track record will go to Luis Miranda-Casañas, founder of Universal Group.