October 18, 2018

Goya tops the list of brands most-recognized by P.R. consumers

October 18, 2018

Triple-S donates $250K to nonprofits contributing to P.R.’s recovery

October 18, 2018

CienciaPR opens call for young scientists in P.R. to apply for Yale Ciencia Academy

October 17, 2018

Liberty Latin America acquires remaining 40% of Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico

October 17, 2018

Gov’t allocates $7M to boost hydroponics and aquaponic agriculture

ECONOMY

Bankruptcies filed in P.R. soar in September, with 160% more cases on record

Puerto Rico’s bankruptcy court saw major activity in September, when 661 cases were filed, representing a 160 percent year-over-year increase, according to data compiled by research firm Boletín de Puerto Rico. The report showed that 254 petitions were filed to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court during September of 2017. However, the report also confirmed that bankruptcy petitions filed between January and September 2018 have dropped by 11.3 percent, when compared to the same period last year. So far this year, 5,764 cases have been submitted to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Boletín de Puerto Ri

View All

ADVERTISEMENT

wis_1-300x250

podcast-logo-for-fb-profile-pic

VIDEO LIBRARY

AUTO

AutoFeatured

P.R. International Auto show marks 20th anniversary at Plaza Las Américas

The island’s main motor vehicle distributors will come together at the Plaza Las Américas shopping center through Oct. 28 to showcase their 2019 models during the Puerto Rico International Auto Sho

Auto

Next-generation Jeep Wrangler to hit P.R. roads

The Jeep brand announced the Puerto Rico arrival of the new generation of the icon of the brand, the Jeep Wrangler, designed to remain true to its 77-year legacy, automaker executives said. The veh

Auto

P.R.’s new car sales grow 37.3% in April driven by insurance payments

New car sales in Puerto Rico reached 8,105 units in April, representing a 37.3 percent increase over the 5,903 units sold during the same month last year, the United Group of Automobile Importers (kno

ENVIRONMENT

Municipality of Carolina invests $4.1M to open new landfill cell

The Municipality of Carolina has invested $4.1 million to open a new cell that will extend the life of the town’s landfill system for another 20 years, Mayor José Carlos Aponte announced. The so-called northwest cell, which was built 10 meters above sea level with a 57-meter slope, ensures protection of aquifers and subsoil. Materials required by regulatory agencies at the state and federal level were used, he said. "With this new cell, we extend the useful life of the Carolina Landfill System for another 20 years, allowing us to continue providing an excellent service of non-hazardous solid waste collection," said