P.R. startups offer innovative gifts on Cyber Monday
The holiday season has officially started, and Cyber Monday is expected to keep breaking sales records, with a projection of more than $3 billion in just one day.
The heavy discounts on electronics and other popular gifts are tempting, but the day’s deals are also a good chance to try innovative products and businesses.
Startup accelerator Parallel18 prepared a list of Cyber Monday deals offered by some of the companies in their portfolio. Keep reading to discover from eyeglasses that help you feel more rested and racer drones, to different fitness options and men’s apparel.
- Brands of Puerto Rico, the e-commerce for Puerto Rican brands, will have discounts from 15 percent to 50 percent in most of the products in their catalogs. Cyber Monday sales are a tradition for the startup, founded two years ago, and this time they offer even more deals and free shipping to the U.S. on orders of more than $150. No matter where you live, Brands of Puerto Rico allows you to support the local economy and enjoy the products you love. Visit www.brandsofpuertorico.com on Nov. 28 for details.
- Escape the box with this ready-to-fly drone racer kit assembled in Puerto Rico. Better hurry because they have a $200 discount on their product, so you can get all the necessary pro equipment to fly fast at 70 mph. This offer will be valid until Nov. 28, while supplies last at http://www.dronedesignerapp.com.
- Surprise the special men in your life with the unique experience of Morton & Bedford. The company’s stylist will measure and assess him on the best looks and fabrics for his lifestyle and send a custom fit shirt in a few weeks. This Cyber Monday, they’ll throw in an extra $20 when you buy a $100 gift card; $50 for a $200 gift card; and $100 more with a $300 gift card. The deal is available online or by phone (787) 245-2018.
- If your kids asked Santa Claus for a tablet, Timokids will help you turn it into an edutainment tool. The little ones will enjoy their games and interactive stories, and you’ll love their approach that helps parents and teachers talk to children about important issues, such as bullying, social behavior, family relationships, and many others. Download from iOS or Android app stores this Monday, using the promo code TIMOCYBER2016, and you’ll get three extra stories free. Timokid’s content is available in English, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
- Don’t worry about that Thanksgiving dinner, InstaFit‘s got your back! Get 50 percent off their six-month personalized training and nutrition program. With InstaFit you’ll have unlimited access to Skype consults with nutritionists and trainers, daily video workout routines, nutrition plan, and an online recipe book. To redeem you offer visit www.instafit.com and enter the cupon CYBERMONDAY at checkout.
- If you’d rather go to the gym, Clickypass offers 70 percent off the first 2 months of their membership. Pay just $19 a month and head to your favorite fitness class or athletic activity. Clickypass gives you access to a network of over 100 gyms, studios and sports centers in Puerto Rico, Argentina and Mexico. Cyber Monday deal will be available here https://goo.gl/3mucAM.
- Find another Cyber Monday deal to get you moving at ChallengeBox, a monthly subscription box that uses data from your Fitbit activity to deliver a monthly challenge. You’ll also receive fitness apparel, equipment, and healthy snacks. This Monday, get 15 percent discount on the ChallengeBox Fitness subscription by using code “PR15” at checkout.
- Your hair can be picture-perfect all the time with local startup Veso. To kick-off the Holiday season, they’re offering 50 percent off on their “blow out” packages for services in their network of top salons in Puerto Rico. From now until Nov. 28th, pay $13.50 for a “pass,” valid for one blow-out; or $49.50 to get four blow-outs and a manicure. For details: http://bit.ly/2f4H4kd.
- If you love gadgets and having the latest innovation, you probably know Kickstarter and Indiegogo are the places to go. If so, you HAVE to check Ayo a state-of-the-art wearable device that uses the power of light to help people optimize their biological clocks according their lifestyle and preferences. They are having Cyber Monday flash sale through their Indiegogo page, where they’ll have a limited amount of Ayo for $189, 36 percent off retail price. Their expected shipping date is late December.
- Although the wait is a bit longer Everwaters is offering their water filter at more than 20 percent off on Kickstarter. Everwaters filters are the top of the line: they are certified to remove 15 times as many contaminants as BRITA filters and to last 10 times as long. In addition, every water filter sold helps them deliver the same water filter to a community in East Africa. Drink the best water and help families around the world be healthier. The filter will be available in July 2017.
Though it is not live yet, frequent flyers might want to keep an eye out for PowerSiesta, an ultralight, portable napper that finally lets you travel in comfort. Sign up now for early access to the company’s upcoming crowdfunding campaign in December.