AT&T GoPhone launches new smartphone rate plans
Starting today, AT&T GoPhone customers in Puerto Rico will be able to enjoy more flexibility and more value with two new plans available in company-owned retail stores in on the island.
The new plans also enable customers to use their smartphone as a Wi-Fi hotspot — all with no annual contract and access to the fastest and most reliable network in Puerto Rico.
The new smartphone plans include unlimited talk within Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and the 50 states, and unlimited text messaging from Puerto Rico and the U.S. to Dominican Republic, Mexico, Canada and over 100 select countries.
Other plan details include:
- Increased data from 2.5 to 3.5GB for $60 per month + enabled Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- 2GB of data for $50 per month + enabled Wi-Fi hotspot capability
Existing customers can take advantage of these new plans immediately with myAT&T. Start at att.com/myatt from a smartphone, tablet, or a PC to access GoPhone account management, where GoPhone customers can:
- Change rate plans
- Refill an account
- Add data, messaging or international calling packages
- Get data and voice usage information
- View account history of up to 6 months
- Connect to help for information like device tutorials
“We’re excited to offer these new options and add value for our GoPhone customers,” said Jose Juan Davila, vice president of AT&T Puerto Rico and USVI.
“Our new plans, added Wi-Fi hotspot capability, and new online account management tools are right in line with what today’s consumers are looking for — more savings, more flexibility and more options — all on a reliable network and with no annual contract.”
In addition to getting added value and access to new online account management tools, these plans also qualify for a $5 credit program.
To qualify, GoPhone customers must:
- Enroll in the Auto-Refill Credit Program using a credit or eligible debit card (payment must be successful)
- Be on a $45 or higher GoPhone monthly plan for phones