The University of Puerto Rico at Humacao and its School of Business Administration will be offering free services to taxpayers needing to fill out their 2014 returns, the college announced Monday.
This service will be offered April 4 and 11 between 9:00 and 11:15 a.m. in the School’s Room 6A 105.
The services will be offered by students enrolled in the School’s Puerto Rico and federal taxes course, under the supervision of Prof. José Rafael González. The returns will be filled out for free thanks to Seg Softword, which donated 10 licenses of the ExpertPRTaxes program as a service to the community.
“This initiative is for the benefit of the community and that gives our students an experience that will help them when they are part of the job market,” said Enrique M. Suárez-Reyes, director of the School of Business Administration.
The free service will be offered throughout the eastern region to people meeting the following criteria: salaried individuals, retirees and older than 65. Students will not be filling out corporate returns.
Interested applicants should bring with them the following documents:
- Proof of Identity – Photo ID
- Social Security card of the taxpayer, spouse and dependents.
- Proof of wages, forms W-2, W-2G, 1099-R.
- Declarations of interest and dividends.
- Any other tax document that the taxpayer has received.
- Date of birth of the taxpayer, spouse and dependents on the tax return.
- In some cases, a copy of the previous year’s federal and state tax returns.
- Bank transit number and account number the reimbursement is wanted through direct deposit.
For more information please call 787.850.9320 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com.