Products Assoc. announces ‘Quality Excellence Awards’
The Puerto Rico Products Association announced Tuesday this year’s “Quality Excellence Awards” winners, who represent “the best of the island’s products and services, professionalism and contributions.”
“Local wealth is the key to the transformation that Puerto Rico needs and deserves. By recognizing our own, we show that we have the potential, determination and drive needed to return to the path of prosperity,” said PRPA President Manuel Cidre.
This year’s awards will be bestowed during a gala dinner on April 26, as part of the trade group’s annual convention, which will center around the slogan “Transforming Puerto Rico: from the inside out.”
The awards recognize 15 categories, including two special honors: the President’s Award and the Antonio R. Barceló “Emiritus Entrepreneurship” award.
Following is the list of winners:
- Excellence in Social Responsibility — Agenda Ciudadana Inc.
- Excellence in Entrepreneurship Innovation — Atención Atención Inc.
- Construction industry award —Bermúdez, Longo, Díaz-Massó, LLC.
- Non Profit Organization —Centro Para Puerto Rico
- Excellence in Agroindustry — Productores de Cítricos de la Montaña Inc.,
- Excellence in Service Quality — Dreyfous & Associates
- Excellence in Product Quality — Holsum of Puerto Rico
- Excellence in Manufacturing — Pan American Grain
- Exporter of the Year — Rock Solid Technologies Inc.
- Oustanding Financial Institution — Scotiabank
- Excellence in Communications — Business section of El Nuevo Día newspaper.
- Retail Award — Supermercados Selectos Inc.
- Support to the Local Entrepreneurs Award —Wal-Mart
- President’s Award — Quality for Business Success, LLC
- The Antonio R. Barceló Award — Rafael J. Nido Stella
“Each winner stands for motivation and hope for the future of our island and gives a worthy example of the value of local production,” Cidre said.